When work began on the original Diamond Compressor back in 2004, the goal was to build a versatile ‘guitar channel’ – a dynamics and tone shaping tool to front-end your effects chain – much like the gain, compression and EQ channels used in traditional recording studio mixers.
Introduced at MusikMesse 2005 in Frankfurt, the Diamond Compressor has found its way onto thousands of pedal boards worldwide.
• vactrol opto-isolator variable resistance path as used in high-end studio compressors for smooth attack and decay characteristics while preserving initial signal transients.
• post-compressor ‘tilt’ EQ provides a very musical tailoring of frequency response – seamlessly transition from a darker jazz voicing to a bright jangle, with flat frequency response at the center detent position.
• optimized gain staging and use of ultra low noise transistor and opamps in signal path for lowest possible noise and extended signal headroom.
• premium audio components, including tight tolerance Panasonic PPS capacitors and metal film resistors.
• top mounted jacks on a small enclosure for tight pedalboard layouts.
• 9V battery power, with standard 9V negative tip adapter ready.
• bi-color LED provides visual indication of depth of compression and power.
• true bypass operation.