COVID-19 Update: Our Winkler location is NOW OPENRead more
|Article number:||APOLLO X4|
|Availability:||Out of stock|
Desktop 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface w/ Realtime UAD-2 QUAD Core Processing and Four Unison™ Mic Preamps - for Mac and Windows.
Apollo x4 delivers elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, four Unison-enabled preamps, and QUAD Core realtime UAD plug-in processing - all in a sleek desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows.
Built upon Universal Audio's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo x4 easily outshines everything in its class, with 127 dB D/A dynamic range and an included bundle of acclaimed UAD analog emulation plug-ins, giving you a fully-stocked analog studio, right on your desktop.
Apollo x4 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, Helios, API, Manley, UA and many more. Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres - including their input impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and the component-level circuit behaviours of the original hardware.
Based on Unison's proprietary hardware-software integration, Apollo x4 lets you record at near-zero latency through emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo x4's two front-panel Hi-Z instrument inputs, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo desktop interfaces are used to create exceptional-sounding records every day. To improve upon the previous generation, UA engineers designed the Apollo x4s audio conversion to deliver a striking 127 dB dynamic range and and -117 dB THD+N, giving Apollo x4 a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters costing much more.
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo x4 reveals a stunning range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. With powerful UAD-2 QUAD Core processing onboard, Apollo x4 lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins - at near-zero latency - including authentic titles from Neve, Studer, Helios, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, Capitol Studios, and more.*
Right out of the box, the Apollo x4 includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" suite of UAD plug-ins - the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall® Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, Pultec EQs, and more - so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard.
In addition to its four Unison-equipped preamps, Apollo x4 offers two independent headphone outs and two Hi-Z instrument inputs - letting you collaborate easily. Plus, with a total of four line outs, optical ADAT/SPDIF input and output, dedicated monitor remote controls, and a built-in Talkback mic, the 12 x 18 Apollo x4 can serve as the powerful centerpiece of your professional desktop studio.
Users of Apollo x4 can combine up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices - adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo X rackmount unit, you can use Apollo x4 as a desktop monitor control with additional I/O and DSP power.
• Desktop 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
• Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
• 4 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
• UAD-2 QUAD Core processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
• 2 Unison-enabled front panel Hi-Z instrument inputs
• 2 independent front panel headphone outputs
• Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
• Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
• Up to 8 channels of additional digital input and output via optical ADAT and S/PDIF
• Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more*
• Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
• Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
• Free, industry-leading technical support - on the phone and online - from knowledgeable audio engineers
*Apollo x4 includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
- Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
- Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, and 10.14 Mojave
-Please note that Catalina is not yet fully tested with UAD software.
macOS High Sierra, Mojave, and Catalina require manual steps to enable UAD software. For details, see this article.
- Available Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (64-Bit Edition)