The Yamaha DTX6K3X is a 5 Piece Electronic Drum Kit with All TCS Pads and RHH135 Hi-Hat.
** Bass Pedal Not Included **
The DTX 6 series features the DTX-PRO module with the innovative KIT MODIFIER, sparking creativity and delivering superb performance in a compact configuration.
The original Yamaha TCS (Textured Cellular Silicone) head used in the flagship models combine with real sound and ambience recorded in a world-renowned studio to provide an authentic playing experience.
The DTX6 Series is recommended for all drummers who want to have fun, play like a pro, need a compact kit, and hope to easily transfer their skills to acoustic drums.
Real sounds that drive the drummer
No compromise has been made in recording the sound of the instruments themselves-key to any drum sound, along with the ambience of the place where they are played. The DTX PRO has been fine-tuned to follow the drummer's performance and allow for maximum expression.
Intuitive functionality that stirs creativity
The Kit Modifier featured on the DTX-PRO offers drummers limitless possibilities for their creativity.
Kit Modifier condenses the sound creation know-how that Yamaha has accumulated over decades into three knobs: AMBIENCE, COMPRESSION, and EFFECT. A wide range of tonal possibilities are available-from the natural sound of acoustic drums through to live performance sounds carefully crafted by engineers.
The AMBIENCE knob controls the reverberation of the drum sound; for an acoustic drum kit, up to 50% of the memory features the real ambience components of the recording studio, while 51-100% is high-quality digital reverb.
The COMP and EFFECT knobs utilize the "1 knob" control technology featured in Yamaha PA products.
COMP controls the compression effect and brings them to the front, while EFFECT controls effects that have been optimized for preset kits.
A playing experience in a class of its own
The DTX6 series is equipped with the TCS (Textured Cellular Silicone) heads, providing unparalleled levels of feel and quietness.
Yamaha's original TCS head uses a foamed silicone material that contains innumerable air bubbles. With the perfect level of firmness and rebound that allows players to hit hard, TCS offers a natural, pleasant feel that inspires you to want to keep playing, and because the surface never loosens, every strike feels perfect.
In addition, a unique floating structure without any direct contact with the head and body parts prevents vibration from being transmitted elsewhere, while also improving sensitivity, and the air bubbles in the TCS head serve as a cushion to soften the stick sound.
Detailed reproduction of the drummer's performance
The DTX6 series uses a 3-zone pad for snare, crash (Single Zone for DTX6K-X), and ride. The snare can be set to head, closed rim, and open rim, and the cymbal can be set to edge, bow, and cup. In addition, the cymbal pad can be choked or muted. This allows for a variety of performance techniques and lets drummers practice hitting spot where they get "that" sound with accuracy.
A more musical ride
The ride cymbal is compatible with the position sensing function. The high-definition long sampling cymbal sound featured in the DTX-PRO sound module is modeled in exquisite detail, and reproduced accurately when used in combination with more delicate cymbal work.
A kick that just makes you want to play more
The KP90 Kick Pad features Yamaha's unique multi-layer cushion structure that offers the perfect feel with unparalleled comfort, regardless of the strength of the stroke. The 7.5-inch pad is also suitable for use with a double foot pedal and has a wide stance with large anti-slip mechanism and spurs, ensuring a stable playing surface that stays in place.
Set it and forget it
The newly designed RS6 rack system (Adopted for DTX6K2-X and DTX6K3-X) gives you the freedom to set up as needed with a robust rack that you can set and forget. The left part of the rack is designed so that the hi-hat stand and a double pedal can be set freely, allowing stress-free performance. The acoustic-look L-shaped legs further improve stability and robustness.
Everything a drummer needs
The DTX PRO comes equipped with an abundance of terminals that support a wide range of applications. The USB terminal can send and receive MIDI, and also sends and receives audio data when connected directly to a computer or smart device, allowing you to send sound directly from the DTX to DAW software or a smart device. The unit also comes with a MIDI OUT terminal, allowing you to send MIDI signals to connected MIDI devices. Up to 14 pads can be connected to the trigger input terminals that can be connected individually, making it simple to create a hybrid setup with acoustic drums by connecting only those cables you need.
An App that makes recording, editing, and sharing easy
DTX-PRO is compatible with the iOS/Android App Rec'n'Share, allowing you to easily record or shoot a performance that is combined with audio data, then edit the recorded data, and share it on social media. After loading audio data on the App, you can add clicks, time stretch, A-B repeat and edit your video and audio right from the drum throne.
Reproducing the way an acoustic drum behaves when struck is a key factor in the playability of electronic drums.
Our electronic drums feature a sound module that covers the full range of sound from the initial attack to the final cutoff, all based on samples of authentic drums tuned by a skilled engineer. We have carried out exhaustive testing of how acoustic drums respond when they're hit to help achieve a truly faithful representation of drum behavior. Moreover, professional drummers from around the world have evaluated the performance of the DTX-PRO, allowing us to improve its expressive capabilities even further. The combination of expertise that we have accrued as a manufacturer of music hardware has allowed Yamaha to offer combinations of expertly crafted modules and pads that deliver superb playability.
"High-performance sound engine that recreates sound creation"
The high-performance sound engine equipping the DTX-PRO leverages the technologies that Yamaha has acquired over decades of making musical instruments of all kinds. With authentic acoustic and live drum sounds, the same high-end effects found in professional-grade synthesizers and audio equipment, and effect control functions that let you recreate the techniques of elite drummers with a single knob, the sound engine in the DTX-PRO even recreates the process of creating sound in recording studios and live performance scenarios.
As a complement to this, Yamaha drum pads feature pad sensing technologies that respond with precise accuracy to the actions of the player, delivering the ultimate in expressive capability that is reflected in the sound.
"Reliable Yamaha Hardware"
Yamaha's hi-hat stand HS650A is included with the DTX6K2-X and DTX6K3-X. All of DTX6 Series also uses Yamaha's traditional ball clamps for snare pads, making fine adjustment of settings easy.
Yamaha is also an acoustic drum maker, and is trusted by many professional drummers, for its robustness, ease of use, and stability.
"An extensive range training functions to support drummers"
The wealth of practice functions featured in DTX Drums are also found in the DTX-PRO. Make the most of a sophisticated programmable metronome, recorder function, 10 training functions that are ideal for training a sense of rhythm, as well as 37 training songs that allow you to learn various genres. Beginners and professionals alike will find the DTX6 training functions a useful aid for daily practice.
"Professional grade headphone amp"
Offering high precision, low distortion, low noise, and high-power components, the headphone amplifier circuit delivers high-fidelity sound directly to the player and has been developed exclusively for electronic drums. Effectively combining a range of Yamaha circuit technologies with the power circuit provided independently for the headphone amplifier produces a powerful, high quality sound that envelops the player in realistic drum tones.
"Includes Cubase AI"
The DTX-PRO comes equipped with the music production software "Cubase AI" and includes download information to allow users to download the latest version.
Connect the DTX-PRO to your PC with a USB cable to perform the recording, editing, and mixing tasks that are the heart of music production-all in one software program.
- Faithfully reproduces real sounds and ambience recorded in well-known studios
- AMBIENCE, COMP, and EFFECT Kit Modifier knobs that allow you to create your own unique sounds
- Yamaha's original TCS head is used for all pads achieving a pleasing, natural feel and rebound that makes you want to keep playing
- 3-zone pads for the snare, crash, and ride. The cymbals can be choked and muted. Ride cymbal equipped with a hit point detection function
- Yamaha system hardware is used for the included hi-hat stand and snare clamp
- Snare: XP80 (8 inch) TCS head 3-zone pad
- Tom 1, 2: XP70 (7 inch) TCS head 1-zone pad
- Floor Tom: XP70 (7 inch) TCS head 1-zone pad
- Bass Drum: KP90 (7.5 inch) rubber head with Multi layer cushion
- Hi-Hat: RHH135 (13 inch) 2-zone pad
- Crash Cymbal 1: PCY135 (13 inch) 3-zone pad
- Crash Cymbal 2: PCY135 (13 inch) 3-zone pad
- Ride Cymbal: PCY135 (13 inch) 3-zone pad
- Hi-Hat Stand: HS650A
- Rack System: RS6
- Module: DTX-PRO
- Dimensions (WxHxD):303 mm (11-15/16 in) x 196 mm (7-11/16 in) x 66 mm(2-5/8 in)
- Weight: 1.5 kg (3 lb 5 oz)
- Maximum Polyphony: 256 notes
- Effects: For each Inst: EQ / Comp / Transient / Insertion (*1), For each Kit: Ambience / Effect 1 / Effect 2 and Master Comp / Master Effect, For overall: Master EQ / Phones EQ (*1) Insertion effects can be used only for specific Inst.
- Drum kits: Preset: 40 Kits, User: 200 Kits
- Voices: 712
- Display: Full Dot LCD (128×64 dot)
- Accessories: AC adaptor (PA-150 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), Owner's Manual, module holder, module holder wing bolts (x 4), Cubase AI Download Information
- Click Sets: 30
- Tempo: 30 to 300 BPM, Tap Tempo supported.
- Time Signatures: 1/4 to 16/4, 1/8 to 16/8, and 1/16 to 16/16
- Subdivisions: Accents, quarter notes, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, and eight-note triplets
- Others: Individual click volume control, wav import, timer
- Types: 10
- Songs: Preset: 37 songs, User: 1 song
- Import Limit: 1000 Files
- Maximum Loadable Sample Time: 760 seconds (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, mono), 380 seconds (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo)
- Sample Format: WAV
- Recording Time: Internal Memory: Maximum of 90 seconds. USB flash drive: Maximum of 90 minutes per file.
- Format: Record/playback: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo)
- DC IN: DC IN (+12V)
- Headphones: Headphones (standard stereo phone jack x 1)
- AUX IN: AUX IN (stereo mini jack x 1)
- Output: OUTPUT L/MONO, R (standard phone jack, one for each)
- USB: USB TO DEVICE, USB TO HOST
- MIDI: MIDI OUT
- Trigger Input: Trigger inputs 1, 14: (Standard stereo phone, L: Trigger, R: Rim switch / Trigger), 2/3, 4/5, 6/7, 12/13: (Standard stereo phone, L: Trigger, R: Trigger), 8, 9, 10, 11: (Standard stereo phone, L: Trigger, R: Rim switch) *Maximum 14 of pads to be connected (when Y-cable is used)
Choke and mute your cymbals as needed.