D’Addario NYXL guitar strings will bend farther, sing louder, and stay in tune better than any string you’ve played before. Envisioned, perfected, and manufactured by D’Addario in New York, this newly engineered, break-resistant, high-carbon steel core and plain steel alloy delivers a whole new level of freedom, confidence, and power. NYXL’s provide more strength and up to 131% greater tuning stability by utilizing a completely reinvented wire drawing process coupled with a revolutionary “fusion twist” process for the plain steels. The reformulated nickel plated string windings have greater magnetic properties resulting in higher output and enhanced mid-range frequency response for more presence and crunch.
- NYXL’s feature D’Addario’s exclusive New York manufactured, high carbon steel alloy for unprecedented strength – Play Fearlessly
- Improved tuning stability compared to traditional nickel wound strings - get in tune faster, stay in tune better
- Wound strings with enhanced mid-range frequency response in the 1 - 3.5 kHz range – more presence and crunch to cut through the mix
- NYXL1356W offering a wound 3rd/G string for drop tune or traditional "jazz" setups: Plain Steel .013, .017, Nickel Wound .026, .036, .046, .056
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
By Braden Friesen 13 / Nov / 2020
I made the switch to these strings at the recommendation of the staff at JB Music Co. and have stuck with them ever since. If you want a deeper sound, definitely go for the extra heavy, but the mediums are a good place to start.