The band Periphery has become a force to be reckoned with in the progressive metal scene thanks to their complex rhythms and soaring melodies. Guitarist Mark Holcombhelps achieve this full, lethal sound with his PRS guitars and signature Seymour Duncan Alpha and Omega pickups. PRS and Holcomb have worked closely together to develop a truly unique guitar for the SE Series lineup.
"With my SE signature model, we managed to capture all of the defining characteristics of my Maryland-made guitar and turn it into a streamlined, less-costly package. It is an incredibly special instrument, and one that is now the primary focus of my rig in the studio and onstage." - Mark Holcomb, Periphery
The SE Mark Holcomb model truly stands on its own in the PRS lineup and delivers addictive playability thanks to some unique specifications, including a 24-fret, 25.5” scale length wide thin satin maple neck with 20” radius ebony fretboard. Holcomb’s signature pickups provide the right amount of output and articulation whether you’re playing sophisticated chords or solos and whether you’re playing alone or working in the mix of a band. Other specifications include a quilted maple veneer, black chrome hardware, and a 3-way blade pickup switch with push/pull tone knob for coil splitting.
- Top Wood: Beveled Maple with Quilted Maple Veneer
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Neck Wood: Maple w/ Satin Finish
- Neck Shape: Wide Thin
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay: Birds
- Bridge: PRS Plate Style (String Through)
- Tuners: PRS Designed Tuners
- Hardware Type: Black Chrome
- Strings: 10-52
- Treble Pickup: Mark Holcomb Signature Seymour Duncan “Omega”
- Bass Pickup: Mark Holcomb Signature Seymour Duncan “Alpha”
- Controls: Volume and Push/Pull Tone Control with 3-Way Blade Switch
- Gig Bag