The ATH-GL3 high-fidelity gaming headset offers a pure sound quality like no other. Inspired by the elemental power of earth, the grounded, closed-back design of the headphones make you hear and feel every moment of a game. The lightweight, wired gaming headset comes equipped with a detachable boom microphone, and built-in volume control and mute switch for convenient control. Compatible with PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, laptops, PCs, and other devices, the ATH-GL3 is the ultimate gaming headset, delivering an immersive experience.
Take your gaming experience to the next level with the ATH-GL3. Inspired by the elemental power of earth, the over-ear gaming headset provides excellent sound isolation. Its 45 mm drivers offer high-resolution audio and superior detail. Equipped with a flexible, detachable high-fidelity gaming microphone and weighing less than 230 grams, the lightweight headset provides crystal-clear communication and allows gamers to stream comfortably for hours on end.
Volume control dial and mute switch are conveniently located on the left earcup for easy control of the incoming sound and the microphone. The wired headset comes with two cables: a 3.0 m (9.8') cable with 3.5 mm (1/8") mic and headphone plugs for connecting to computers, and a 1.2 m (3.9') cable with a 3.5 mm (1/8") TRRS plug for connecting to PS5, Xbox Series X, and other gaming consoles.
Users can easily detach the earpads and headband for easy replacement. This wired headset is compatible with PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, laptops, PCs, and other devices with a standard 3.5 mm TRRS headset connector or with a separate mic input and headphone output.
If you’re looking for the best gaming headset with a professional quality microphone, the Audio-Technica ATH-GL3 is the perfect headset for you.
The Elemental Power of Earth
Arising from a deep heritage of Japanese analogue audio, Audio-Technica high-fidelity gaming headsets continue to deliver a purity of sound that’s all too rare in the gaming world. The elemental power of earth inspires the grounded, closed-back design of the ATH-GL3 headset, making you hear and feel every moment.
Inside the closed-back housings are large 45 mm drivers that provide high-resolution audio with exquisite detail. The left earcup has a built-in volume control dial and a mute switch for convenient control of the professional-quality boom microphone.
- Closed-Back Design
- Extremely Lightweight
- PC Gaming
- Console Gaming
The grounded, closed-back design provides a truly immersive experience. But don’t mistake grounded for heavy. At less than 230 grams, the ATH-GL3 is extremely lightweight, allowing you to game for hours in comfort.
Closed-Back vs. Open-Back
Let’s explore the key differences between closed-back and open-back designs. Selecting the right form factor for your gaming situation will greatly enhance your listening experience.
- A more closed/focused soundscape – creating a powerful audio experience
- Closed-back design keeps intense gaming isolated from others around you
- Blocks external distractions during gaming sessions
- An enhanced bass listening experience
- A more open/wide soundstage – as if the source is all around you
- Open earcup design uses less material resulting in an extremely lightweight headphone
- A cooler, more comfortable fit over extended play
- Stay aware of your surroundings during gaming sessions
- A more balanced fidelity listening experience
- Closed-back headset provides excellent sound isolation for a truly immersive gaming experience
- Large-diameter 45 mm drivers deliver high-resolution audio with exquisite detail
- Incredibly lightweight headset (less than 230 grams) offers long hours of comfortable gaming
- State-of-the-art, flexible (and detachable) boom microphone, with highly directional pickup, provides crystal-clear in-game voice communication
- Volume control dial and mute switch are built into the left earcup for convenient control of the microphone
- Two detachable cables: 3.0 m (9.8') cable with 3.5 mm (1/8") mic and headphone plugs for computers; 1.2 m (3.9') cable with a 3.5 mm (1/8") TRRS plug for PS5, Xbox Series X, and other gaming consoles
- Earpads and headpad detach for easy replacement
- Headphone Type: Closed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Frequency Response: 10 to 35,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 98 dB/mW
- Impedance: 45 ohms
- Weight (microphone): (without cable) Approx. 230 g (8.1 oz) / Approx. 237 g (8.4 oz) (including detachable microphone)
- Cable - Detachable: Detachable cable (1.2 m (3.9’)/3.5 mm (1/8”) gold-plated stereo mini-plug/4 pole); Detachable cable for PC (3.0 m (9.8’)/3.5 mm (1/8”) gold-platedstereo mini-plug/3 pole x2)
- Microphone Type: Electret condenser
- Microphone Sensitivity: -43 dB (1 V/Pa, at 1 kHz)
- Microphone Frequency Response: 30 to 20,000 Hz
- Microphone Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Accessories Included: Detachable microphone with windscreen, detachable cable (1.2 m (3.9’)/3.5 mm (1/8”) gold-plated stereo mini-plug/4 pole), detachable cable for PC (3.0 m (9.8’)/3.5 mm (1/8”) gold-plated stereo mini-plug/3 pole x2)