This beginning guitar method is unique in that it teaches the basics of playing guitar while focusing on the style of folk guitar. Designed to teach students the fundamentals of playing chords and melody on guitar, First Lesson Folk Guitar also provides lessons on correct posture, caring for the guitar, proper right and left-hand technique, and tuning the guitar to its self, a pitch pipe or a piano. Subjects covered include strumming chords, accompaniment patterns, fingerstyle basics, reading standard notation, reading tab, and alternating bass strum patterns. Time tested folk standards with lyrics are included to teach playing fundamentals. Accompanying CD and DVD provides students a professional recording of tunes and exercises.
• Unique beginning guitar method teaching basics of playing guitar focusing on folk guitar.
• Designed to teach students fundamentals of playing chords and melody.
• Provides lessons on correct posture; caring for the guitar; proper right/left-hand technique; tuning the guitar to itself, a pitch pipe or a piano.
• Subjects include: strumming chords; accompaniment patterns; fingerstyle basics; reading standard notation and tab; alternating bass strum patterns.
• Companion CD and DVD included.